There are many changes that occur in a person’s life when they go through a divorce. This process separates their life from another’s, which involves making decisions regarding their marital issues. This can include child custody, child support, the division of assets, alimony, and more. These are important issues that should be treated as such. It is because of this that those facing these situations should retain the services of a skilled and compassionate New York divorce attorney for assistance.
Why Do I Need an Attorney?
When someone goes through a divorce, it tends to become the focus of all their discussions. This is because people usually like to offer their opinions and advice on the subject, believing that they know what is best for the case. However, these individuals usually do not know all the facts of the case, nor do they have the proper experience that is needed for guidance during this time. The only person who can be trusted to provide the right legal advice throughout a divorce is an attorney. With clear and open communication, they can help clients reach the best possible outcome of their case.
What Can an Attorney do For me?
There are many different tasks that need to be taken care of throughout the entire process of a divorce. This can be overwhelming for anyone to handle on their own, which is why an attorney can be there to do the following on their behalf:
- Assess the case to determine which court has jurisdiction on the matter
- Develop a strategy to advise clients about all aspects of the case, including the treatment of assets and child matters
- Prepare legal documents to file with the court
- Conduct discovery to obtain information from the other party (depositions, requests for production of documents, written interrogatories, etc.)
- Appear at all court appearances, depositions, and conferences
- Schedule all deadlines and court appearances
- Support clients in responding to information requests
- Inform clients of actions they are required to take
- Perform financial analyses of the case
- Conduct the necessary legal research
- Prepare clients for all court appearances and depositions
- Prepare the case for hearings and trial, including preparing exhibits and interviewing witnesses
- Advise clients about their rights under the law
- Counsel clients about the risks and benefits of negotiated settlement compared to trial
Contact our Firm
Peter V. Mandi, Esq. is an experienced divorce and family law attorney located in Bohemia, New York. Our firm understands the impact a divorce can have on your life. If you require strong and dedicated legal representation in Long Island, New York, please do not hesitate to contact Peter V. Mandi & Associates, Inc. today.