Custody disputes are often one of the most emotional experiences that a parent will ever face. The idea of losing custody of a child can be overwhelming and devastating. If faced with a custody battle, it is in your best interest to retain the services of an experienced family law attorney who can guide you towards a favorable resolution. The more information you can provide your attorney with regarding the child and the other parent, the better. Some of the information that you should provide your attorney with at the meeting includes:
- Basic information about your child such as his or her name, birthdate, school, and current address.
- Information about the other parent such as whether they have other children, are remarried, their employment, etc.
- Any history of domestic violence or substance abuse issues that the other parent may have
- Anywhere the child has lived in the last five years
- The child support arrangement if it has been determined yet
- Why you believe you should be granted custody of the child as opposed to the other parent
Our firm understands how difficult a custody battle can be for the entire family. We are prepared to take on your case and fight for your future as a parent. Contact Peter V. Mandi & Associates, Inc. today to discuss your legal matter.
Peter V. Mandi, Esq. is an experienced divorce and family law attorney located in Bohemia, New York. If you require strong and dedicated legal representation in Long Island, New York, contact Peter V. Mandi & Associates, Inc. today for a free consultation.